- Height: 55-65 cm (22 – 26 inches)
- Length: 90 – 115 cm (36 – 44 inches)
- Tail: ca. 100 cm (40 inches)
The snow leopard is perfectly adapted to its habitat
- Its extra large paws keep the cat from sinking into the snow- like a pair of natural snow shoes.
- Its round, short ears reduce heat loss, and the wide, short nasal cavity warms the air before it reaches the cat’s lungs.
- The cat has strong, short front limbs and longer hind limbs. They help launch the cat up to 30 feet (10 meters) in one leap!
- The snow leopard sports excellent camouflage thanks to its grey-white fur with its dark spots and rosettes.
- Its extra long tail helps the cat keep its balance and provides extra warmth when it’s wrapped around the body.
- The snow leopard has soft, dense fur that grows extra-thick during the winter to keep the cat’s body warm.